First, generate the key :
– Download PuTTYgen.
– You can select the encryption (1024 bits, 2048 or 4096 bits).
– Launch the program, click generate. You have to move the mouse on the gray surface.
– Save the public key (id_rsa.pub).
– Enter a key passphrase. You will have to enter it each time (like a password). It will protect the use of the private key.
– Save the private key (privatekey.ppk).
Copy the public key in your server :
On PuTTYgen, copy the public key (starting with ssh-rsa), and paste it into your server authorized_keys.
Change the permissions :
chmod 600 ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
In PuTTY, go to the SSH > Auth :
Browse the private key.
Save the session in the main tab.
Nexs steps :